Information We Collect
We may collect information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site such as emailing an enquiry or subscribing to our newsletter.
We may collect the following information when you engage with our Site:
- Name (including title)
- Billing address and delivery address (where applicable)
- Payment details (where applicable)
- Email address
- Phone Number
- Company (where applicable)
- IP address
- Device and browser information
- Details of any transactions between you and us
- Information you may disclose to us within any correspondence you send to us
We do not collect credit card details through the website. When you place an order your card number is converted to a secure token by our payment partner (see “Sharing your personal information” below) before order submittal; this means your card details are never passed to our servers.
How We Use This Information
Camtec Photo will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. These purposes include:
- the processing of orders and/or request for the provision of services you may place with us.
- providing service to the orders you place with us, for example communicating follow-up information about your order or the handling of any warranty claim that may be necessary.
- responding to your enquiries about our products and services.
- the sending of periodic newsletters, where you have signed up to receive such communications.
- understanding how users may interact with our website in order to improve our services and marketing.
- the protection of our business against risks and the protection and assertion of your legal rights, our legal rights, and the legal rights of others.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We will only share your personal information with others where it is necessary, as follows:
Where reasonably necessary in order to obtain or maintain insurance coverage, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Retaining and Deleting Personal Information
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria:
Customer information such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number, associated with you entering into a transaction with us for the provision of goods and services may be retained as long as is necessary for the purposes of handling warranty claims, the rendering of post-sale support, management of the risk of, and protection from fraud, and our accounting and reporting obligations. In this case the information will be retained until such time as the business may cease trading.
Personal information such as name, postal address(es), telephone number, password in hashed form, and email address provided as part of you creating an account on the website will be retained for as long as you keep the account. When you delete an account your user information associated directly with that account will be deleted immediately. Any information provided to us as part of an order for the provision of goods and services cannot be deleted as part of this process.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
- Be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information
- Have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information
- Object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes
- Where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions
- Have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
- To lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters
- You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details published on our website.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
In addition to the popup asking you to consent to, or decline cookies when you visit our site, most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can consult the help section in your browser menu for details.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of our website - for example you will not be able to use all the features on our website, including checkout.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
26 rue Notre-Dame Est
This document was last updated on November 27th, 2023